Can I Have a Full/half Facial 11 Days After Botox?

I had Botox injected for the first time, into my forehead and between my eyebrows, on the 9th June. I'm due to have a facial on the 20th June. Can i a)Still have a full facial. b)Have the facial on the areas that aren't treated,eg, cheeks, nose, neck and chin. c) Not to have a facial at all.

Botox and Facials

+2

It is completely fine to have a full face facial 11 days after your Botox or Dysport treatment.  We would recommend that you avoid a facial treatment of any sort the day of your injection and  typically avoid manipuation for 24 hours.  The next day or so pateints are able to resume their regular normal activity and if having a facial is on your schedule, go ahead....enjoy!!

Annapolis Dermatologist

Facial should be no problem 11 days after Botox

+2

You can get a facial 11 days after Botox - you should have no problem.  Massage/exercise/facials should be avoided for 24 hours after injection.

Once the botox is injected...maybe ought to wait a few hours...then

+1

you can do anything you want...definitely not a problem at 1 day or more after treatment...and if you only waited a few hours, probably no significant issue either...there's a mystique about waiting, but no real scientific information to back up all of those ideas floating around in computerland...

Facials after Botox

+1

There is no problem having a facial 24hrs after a Botox injection so you have nothing to worry about. Generally speaking, within 24hrs, the Botox is bound to the necessary receptors and nothing you do will really affect it. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre. 

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and facials

+1

You should wait 4 hours after Botox injections before manipulating any of the treated areas.  As long as you do not have a bruise which would make a facial uncomfortable,  it is safe to have a facial 1 day after your Botox treatment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Facials are OK even one day after Botox

+1

There shouldn't be any reason not to have a facial one day after having Botox, Dysport or Xeomin for wrinkles. It is a common suggestion not to undergo any manipulation for four hours after Botox. It would be prudent to wait then for one full day after Botox before having a facial, but that is it. Enjoy your experience.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Are facials safe after Botox

+1

There is no problem getting a facial 11 days after Botox injections.  I would definitley caution you against receiving a facial or massaging your face on the same day of your Botox injections and if you want to be very cautious for one addtional day but otherwise there is no concern 11 days later. 

Long Island Dermatologist

Facial after Botox - OK after 24 Hours!

+1

Botox is taken up by the target muscle nerve endings very quickly and it certainly should be no problem to have a facial after 11 days.  With certain fillers, such as Radiesse, I recommend waiting two weeks before having a facial or even dental work so that the results don't get altered by the manipulation.

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facials After Botox

+1

Yes!  After Botox is injected into the forehead, you should avoid any type of facial massage for approximately four to five hours because you wouldn't want any of the neurotoxins to spread inadverdently to areas of the face, other than where you were injected.  But after 11 days, it would be perfectly fine to have either a half or full facial.

Facial 11 Days after Botox

+1

You will not have any problems with a complete facial 11 days after Botox , including the areas in which  the Botox was injected.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.