Full Face Ulthera but No Tenderness on Brow?

I had full face ulthera July 31, 2012. I have no memory of the procedure after they drew the lines on my face. My jaw line and under my chin are quite tender, but i have no soreness in my brow/forehead area. Is this normal? Or, is it likely that the brow area was not done? Thanks.

Ultherapy for facial lifting

+1

If I ever have a patient who has a question about a procedure I perform, I would hope they would contact me and discuss their concerns. Don't you have a rapport with the physician who treated you and the trust to ask them if they treated the forehead?

The skin and fat / muscle tissue on the forehead is much thinner than that of the cheek. Far fewer lines of treatment are done on this area than that of the cheek so the cheek can feel more tender after the treatment. If the forehead was injected with anesthetic which occasionally is done, then you may be numb for some time after the procedure until it wears off. Please ask your doctor.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Tenderness after Ulthera

+1

I find that most patients do feel a tightening immediately following their ultherapy in their treated area.  This tends to be most pronounced in the brow area, I supposed because it is directly on the bone.  Were you injected with anesthesia?  I would discuss this further with your Ulthera provider.

Was my forehead treated?

+1

Interesting. You do not know if your forehead was treated? I would call you provider and ask them. If you have some tenderness in other areas, but none involving the forehead it is possible that your forehead wasn't treated. I have patients that do not need a brow lift, so we treat the rest of the face and neck. I have patients that want just the face, or just the neck treated. Others just want a brow lift.  It depends on your clinical presentation and your desires. Why don't you remember the procedure? What kind of anesthesia was provided? I am curious. I would suggest you simply contact your provider and ask them how many lines were used to treat your forehead. Good luck!

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.