Possible to Get Full Breasts with Just a Lift?

I am 46 years old and am a C cup, but they aren't full, and are sagging. I was wondering if it is possible to get a lift, but to somehow make them fuller, or will the lift itself give them a fuller appearance? I have the impression that if I got a lift I would lose at least a half or maybe even a full cup size. Is there such a thing as a half implant?

Breast lifts and" fullness"

+2

A breast lift is nothing more than a redistribution of existing breast tissue into a higher and more projecting mound. After the breast is lifted the skin "brassire" is taken in to accomodate the new breast mound. The size cup usually doesn't change.

Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Full breasts with a lift and no implants

+2

If patients have enough breast tissue,kwe prefer to perform a lift and not place implants.  There is no maintenance on a lifted breast, while implants require periodic replacement in most patients.

Breast lifts typically yield natural appearing breasts.  Some patients are seeking breasts with a very full upper pole.  In those cases, implants may be necessary.

If there is any doubt, performing the lift first and seeing if the patient even requires an implant in the long run is another option.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Breast Lift Size Change

+1

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without decreasing their size.  It is used for breasts which sag or droop, which is the problem that you have. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased fullness if an implant is inserted at the time of mastopexy. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour.  Also, it will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the proper height. Implants come in a variety of shapes and sizes (in cc's not cup sizes)

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Full Breasts with Breast Lifting Only?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description and picture,  I doubt that you will be happy with the “fullness” of your breasts without using breast implants. In person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon will be very helpful. In my practice, I prefer the use of “goal pictures” that help communicate patient's goals as precisely as possible.

Possible to get breast fullness with just a breast lift

+1

The technique used to get fullness with a breast lift is, repositioning the lateral breast tissue to the upper central pole,(Auto Augmentation)

This procedure can be done with a a circumareolar incision or a circum-vertival incision

Incorporating the vertical incision will give more projection

A small implant can be incorporated at the same surgery,however if the implant is too small and the breast tissue thin ,the discrepancy between the base diameter (ie the width of the breast) and the width of the implant may be visable 

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and fuller

+1

A lift can be done for you, but if you want more volume, then you need an implant.  Your breasts can be "perkier" just by molding your own breast tissue.

Breast Lifts and Fulness in the Upper Pole

+1

Hi there-

I do agree with my colleagues that a well done Hall-Findlay breast lift gives more breast fulness and is generally longer lasting than older, more traditional techniques for breast lifting, which rely more on the skin to retain the breast shape.

On the other hand, it is important to understand that even with these techniques, and even when executed with skill, you will not achieve as much fulness as you would with an implant.

So, if what you desire is the round, firm upper pole often seen in women with breast implants, be sure to explain this to your surgeon.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast lift for full breasts

+1

You have numerous options. I like to do the least surgery with the fewest scars and best results. But the patient needs to accept that the breasts will not be perfect but much better. I would recommend a peri-areolar uplift and an implant.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

You can get full perky breasts just with a breast lift without breast implants.

+1

Hi.

1) It matters a great deal how a breast lift is done. A vertical, internal breast lift (Lejour or Hall-Findlay techniques) lifts and shapes the breasts from the inside and gets good LONG TERM shape. Lollipop scars.

2) Other techniques lift the breast by tightening the skin, but skin stretches, and breasts sag again.

3) Breast lift does not make breasts smaller. Only a little skin is removed.

4) From your picture, you don't need breast implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast volume after Breast Lift

+1

The question to ask yourself is, are you happy with the size and fullness of your breasts in a non-padded bra. If the answer is yes, then all you need is a breast lift. This removes only a small amount of skin and does not change the size of the breasts, only sits them up and fills the superior pole. If the answer is no, then you also need a small augmentation (implant) to achieve the size and fullness you desire.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon