Should or Do I Need a Full Breast Lift or Will Implants Alone Be Good for Me? (photo)

I have been to two PS and both had different opions on if i needed a full lift or not. The one who said I needed a full lift also said I could use a "small" tummy tuck.I just had a baby 4 months ago and have lost all the weight so I was a little taken aback by this and would like to know if I truely do need a breast lift or will implants alone give me back that lost volume. Thank You all in advance!!

Should or Do I Need a Full Breast Lift or Will Implants Alone Be Good for Me?

+2

Even with posted photos very hard to advise. My guess is YES a lifting plus implants. But best to seek only in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. Ask the doctor if he/she has the "circle"? (logo for ASPS! 

Breast Lift with implants

+2

You would achieve a better breast shape with a lift. I find that it is helpful to look at 3D computer imaging to simulate with and with out a lift. A picture is worth a thousand words.Good Luck

Michael Horn, MD

Breast Implants vs Implants and a lift

+2
Breast Implants will add volume to the breasts but they will not lift the breasts. If a breast implant surgery is performed alone with women who really could benefit from a breast lift, the breasts may even look more droopy with a breast implant alone.
For patients with a full B or C-cup breast volume, an implant is often added at the time of mastopexy solely for the purpose of creating upper pole breast fullness. Breasts that appear 'deflated' after pregnancy are often most lacking in breast volume in what used to be the upper poles and in such cases mastopexy alone is not capable of creating lasting upper pole fullness. In these patients an implant volume of 150 to 240cc will often be adequate for this purpose.
The upper limit of implant sizes that work well for augmentation mastopexy is, in my opinion, in the range of 325 to 350cc - and that is in patients where the preoperative breast volume is an A-cup. Implant volumes larger than this only serve to stretch out the mastopexy in the weeks and months following surgery, and tend to result in heavy-looking, bottomed-out breasts. Which certainly is not the intended outcome of this surgery.
So a full B or a C-cup breast profile is a reasonable goal to have in mind for an augmentation mastopexy if the starting breast profile is an A or a small B-cup and the majority of the breast volume is going to be provided by a breast implant. Patients starting with a B or C-cup breast profile can reasonably transition to a C or even a small D-cup breast profile following augmentation mastopexy. The important caveat for patients that desire a D-cup breast profile after this surgery is this: the bigger the implant, and the bigger the breast, the more quickly the augmented and lifted breast will become droopy again. If you need an augmentation mastopexy, a 'C' is probably the ideal postoperative breast volume.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants alone or breast lift

+2

Based on these photos (which are not as good as a breast exam), I would feel relatively confident that you will need a breast lift in order to have optimal results. I would also suggest that you wait for several more months before considering a breast surgery since you are only 4 months post partum, especially if you are breast feeding. Ideally, you should wait 6 months after you stop breast feeding to proceed with breast surgery. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Full Breast Lift or Breast Implants Alone

+2

I think you would probably be happier afterwards with either a vertical lift or a full breast lift.   The implant can restore volume and give more superior pole fullness, but it will do little to bring the rest of the breast tissue up.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+2

Implants alone will restore the lost volume, and the question is whether the result will be satisfactory or not. Although photos are helpful, an in person exam is essential in planning. On the front view it appears that some form of lift would be beneficial, but on the side view it appears to be on the borderline. How the photos were taken can affect the image we are seeing-for example, if the photo was taken from above, the nipples and areolas will appear lower than they really are, and it will look like you need a lift. 

The "risk" of not doing a lift when on is needed is the resulting appearance of the breast draping off the implant. This can be fixed later with a lift if it occurs. 

Another consultation sounds like a good idea. All the best.

Breast Lift Not Implants Alone Is Best Option

+1

Thank you for your question. From your photographs it appears that your nipple areola is below your inframammary fold, the crease beneath your breast.

By definition you have breast ptosis and if only breast augmentation is done with breast implants the breast implants may push your nipple areola further down and create a "snoopy deformity".

From the photograph most would recommend that you need a breast lift. Whether or not you need breast implants in addition to your breast lift will depend on your desired final appearance and the advice of your plastic surgeon.

Be certain to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery, and who has a good reputation in your local community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lift with augmentation?

+1

Hello. It is hard to determine from pictures alone but it most likely depends on the look you are going for. If you would like very perky breasts with a full upper pole I would definitely recommend a lift. If you are going for a more natural look then you might be happy with the result you would get from an augmentation alone. I would recommend a consultation to decide the best choice for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD