Full Body Skin Bleaching for Vitiligo Treatment?

I have vitiligo, what would you recommend for the fastest full body skin bleaching?

Benoquin

+2

If you have truly extensive vitiligo and feel that it is so disfiguring that total eradication of your pigment would be warrented, Benoquin 20% cream ( Monobenzone) would work.

I suspect that this is the cream that Michael Jackson used to remove his pigment. He then probably covered his skin with Vitadye ( or a similar agent) to give it some color.

This is a very tricky to compound to use and should ONLY be used if you desire total pigment destruction. It may migrate and destroy pigment in areas not intended. It is not meant to treat melasma, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, lentigines, etc.

The company that makes it, in fact, had so many law suits when Benoquin was not employed properly, that you must write a letter and fill out a form to obtain it.

The effects are permanent so be sure that this is the way you want to go. The few times I have used it on patients the results are quite dramatic.

Good luck.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Nothing great...

+1

The obvious Michael Jackson jokes are just too easy here...sorry.

I don't think that bleaching agents have the effect that I, and most of my patients, would like to see. I've tried 4% hydroquinone without much visable effect. There are also some warnings as to its safety that you should be aware of.

I've also tried the Jan Marini Kojic Acid bleaching creams without much success or satisfaction.

I see the patient who are looking for results but, haven't had any luck with the available options.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon