Full Body Lipo & BBL?I Don't Want to Be Too Skinny?

I've seem some reviews where doctors say you wont lose much weight with full body lipo, however some say you can lose up to 15 pounds with a tummy tuck and full body lipo. My question is: i dont want to be too skinny after tt and full body lipo, so i am currently at 175, how much can my weight go down to after these procedures? Please correct me if i am wrong and explain.

Weight loss from tummy tuck

+2

Hello.  With these procedures. You will lose a good deal if inches from the abdomen and  receive a much better shape from the fat grafting. It is not really for large weight loss. 

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss & Lipo

+1
The solution to your quandry is quite straight forward, if you do not want to lose too much weight after your procedure, omit the liposuction or reduce the amount of lipo performed. This will limit your weight loss.  The weight loss froma tummy tuck is usually just a couple of pounds on average.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

It is common to loose weight after a liposuction or tummy tuck. Remember, your body has a way of adjusting itself so don't worry about the weight loss at this time. Have the procedure done and enjoy the result. All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Full Body Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

+1

The average tummy tuck specimen is probably 2 lbs, but this will vary depending upon practice.  If you liposuction 5 liters, you may lose a few more lbs.  15 lbs would be at the very high end on a larger patient with a larger pannus.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight loss with liposuction

+1

will be minimal.  Remember, fat floats so it doesn't weigh as much as water.  Liposuction is a contouring procedure that requires you maintain you weight or you will lose the benefit of the procedure.  You are certainly encouraged to lose whatever weight that you can but don't expect liposuction to reduce your weight.

Curtis Wong, MD

Weight loss and tummy tuck and lipo

+1

Every patient is different and without seeing pictures of you or seeing you in consultation, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  Both tummy tuck and lipo and contouring procedures, so you should see remarkable positive changes in your shape.  As for weight loss, some patients loose between 5 and 15 pounds but other patients remain the same weight but have significantly improved shape.  It is all a function of your body, your anatomy, the procedures that you have, etc.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

How much weight can you lose with full body lipo and or tummy tuck

+1

Plastic surgery with liposuction or tummy tuck are meant primarily to be body contouring procedures and are not really for weight loss.  At most, I would predict a 5-10 pound weight loss in the long run.  

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Full body liposuction

+1

You really need to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to see exactly what areas of liposuction you require. As my colleagues said, this is for body shaping, not necessarily weight loss - although you will lose weight. The harvested fat can be transferred to your buttocks if you desire. You sound like you are asking for a lot of surgery and you really need to be seen in consultation.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Full Body Lipo & BBL I Don't Want to Be Too Skinny

+1

The purpose of liposuction and a tummy tuck is to contour your body.  These procedures are not for weight loss. The actual amount of pounds removed will vary on your preop appearance for your tummy tuck.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and weight loss

+1
The purpose of liposuction is to improve body contouring, not as a substitute for weight loss. Full body or large volume liposuction has significantly hgher risks. Any liposuction of magnitude should be performed in an accredited operatory.

Robert L. Kraft, MD