If You Get Full Back/flank Lipo, Can You See the Results from the Front?

My concern is that the skin on my abdomen is much looser than the skin on my back and hips. I am pretty much set on getting my back and flanks lipod to smooth out my side profile. My stomach is reasonably flat for my size, but there is signifiantly more loose skin and stretch marks there than on my back. i was just curious as to whether back and flank lipo would be visible from the front. I can't imagine te waistline would not look more defined. Would a sleek back and chubby tummy look odd?

Waistline and flanks liposuction

+2

from the frontal view you will be able to see a more defined flank and waistline, and appreciate a better shape of the area. the abdomen should be treated at the same time, depending from the problem , excess of tissue or of volume. it might be considering even a tummy tuck at the same time, if really a lot of skin excess is present 

London Plastic Surgeon

Best to address all areas for a uniform and cosmetically pleasing result-

+2

Although Liposuction of hips and flanks will help those areas and help to better define your waistline, it does not make sense to leave problems on your abdomen untreated. If you have little fat in the abdomen but have loose skin, that excess skin laxity should be addressed in the same procedure. A better defined waistline and a sleek back will look odd with a chubby tummy, loose abdominal skin and stretch marks.

Robert H. Gotkin, MD

Flank Liposuction Visibly Narrows The Waistline From The Front

+2

Flank liposuction produces a visible change from the front by a narrowing of the waistline into the back area. Whether this would 'match' your front is a matter of opinion based on how much loose skin you have on your abdomen. But it is hard to imagine less bulging flanks (muffin top reduction) not being an asset no matter what the front of the abdomen almost looked like.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Usually you need to do the hips and abdomen together to get the best results.

+2

If your tummy is chubby and you want a great waistline then you need to do both the hips and abdomen together to get the best results since they blend together nicely. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Back Lipo Results

+2

Without seeing before pictures or seeing you in person for consultation, it is impossible to comment on your specific results.  However, the back lipo you will not see from the front (obviously).  The flank lipo, depending on the areas and the pre-op fat volumes, you will likely see from the front.  If you have loose skin on your abdomen, you may want to consider an abdominoplasty for a complete result.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Back and flank liposuction

+2

Thank you for the question. There is no doubt that doing the back and flank liposuction will give you a more defined waistline. However, if you want to improve your midsection you will have address the stomach. During your consultation with your plastic surgeon, you have address your goals and the surgery is directed toward achieving those goals.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Lipo

+1

Liposuction of the back and flank will improve those areas that are treated. It will not help your abdominal wall

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Flank Liposuction Gives You a Smaller Waistline

+1

Flank liposuction will give you a smaller waistline and is the main reason for doing flank liposuction.  If you have loose skin in the front, discuss with a board certified plastic surgeon of your choosing about the possibility of a tummy tuck with flank and back liposuction.

Results after Liposuction Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question, but you will do much better spending more time with your selected plastic surgeon than online consultants. Simply discuss your goals with your plastic surgeon and confirmed that the planned procedure will help achieve your goals.  Doing so in front of a full-length mirror will be helpful. In other words,  online consultants (without the benefit of photographs or physical examination) cannot possibly provide you the same type of information you  are looking for  compared to your plastic surgeon during the direct consultation process.
Best wishes with the upcoming procedure.

Back/Flank Lipo

+1

From the front, you will be able to see the results of the flank liposuction in your love handles. However, if you're concerned about your abdomen also, I recommend you speak with your physician about addressing this area as well, as long as you are having the procedure done. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD