I Had a FTT 3 Months Ago. What can I do to encourage Lymph drainage?

The area around the symphis Pubis swells to varying degrees and some times its so raised that its bothersome.If this is lymph how long can it take for this area to get flat again? What can I do to encourage Lymph drainage? There was no weight issue pre and post ftt .

+2

I recommend external ultrasound therapy on a 3 times a week basis for 1 month. This should help alleviate your issue. 

Tummy tuck and lymph drainage

+2

This is one of the last areas to recover from swelling in my experience.  Some of my patients benefit from lymphatic massage (a particular type of massage that helps stimulate the lymphatic system and decrease swelling). You have to find an expert who has trained in this particular type of massage and it will probably require a series of 4-8 treatments.  I would also recommend supporting that area to discourage abdominal swelling from going in that direction.  Some abdominal binders and compression garments have an opening down there with compression above (almost a tourniquet like effect).  Last, you should speak with your surgeon and make sure there is not a fluid collection or seroma that is causing an abnormal amount of swelling.  This is something that would have to be drained.  Good luck!

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

Be sure to walk every day and wear compression until the healing is complete.  You may need the compression garment for 6 months off and on.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.