Tummy Tuck and Love Handle Lipo: Is This Dent Normal Swelling or Left over Fat?

I had a FTT & Lipo of the love handles. As you can see in the full rear picture the Right Side has settled down, but the Left side is still 'high up' and there is a dent underneath where the love handle 'buldges' out. Is this dent there because of swelling? Is this something that will go away or is this LEFT OVER FAT?

Also, how come my R love handle is lower & the Left love handle is still so high up? Does that make sense? I am 11 days Post Op...I know its early,just looking for peace of mind.

Tummy Tuck and Love Handle Lipo--residual swelling should be checked!

+2

You are indeed early after surgery, but asymmetry of this degree is something I would be interested in checking. If you were my patient I would want to make sure this is not undrained fluid, or a collection of blood beneath the skin. The longer you delay, the more of potential concern this could be.

Please see your surgeon ASAP; I would recommend calling for a recheck now, rather than at your next regular appointment.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after liposuction

+1

You should definitely point out this difference to your surgeon. He will need to determine whether you need a different garment, or if a seroma (fluid collection) might be present. it is quite early in your recovery, so he may suggest simply giving it more time.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, liposuction

+1
It appears that you are in the early post operative period. It is too early to start assessing the result.

David L. Abramson, MD

Lumps after tummy tuck and lipo

+1

First off, you are very wearly post-op because there still is a fair amount of bruising. Second, no two hips are exactly the same and one is usually higher than the other. If you have specific concerns, then speak with your doctor.