Do my Boobs Look Odd Post-op? (photo)

I've had my boobs done for 5 months now I ended up going with 400CC saline under the muscle high profile. They have been measured and said that they are 34DD I was a full B b4 surgery. They just seem like they're too far apart then most of the pictures I've seen of others. They mostly bother me when I'm laying down the gap seems so big. When I'm standing up there is still a decent gap. I guess I just expected them to be closer together they also don't look like double DD's to me what gives?

You have a good high profile implant breast augmentation result.

+1

Thank you for your question. Placing breast implants beneath the muscle can cause wider cleavage because the thickness and location of the muscle determines how far the implants can be put towards the center of your breast bone.

High profile implants can also be narrower and thus less close together.

From your photographs I believe you have a good result.

Cleavage cannot be created

+1

Cleavage cannot be created. It represents the attachment of the pec muscle to the breast bone. If that is violated you breasts will look like a tube top and the correction is not only very expensive but difficult. The implants fall in a posiiton that is the configuration of your individual  chest wall. That is part of the reason that it is nearly impossible to place someone elses breast configuration on you.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Result using high profile implants

+1

You have the result that would be expected using a high profile implant.  I believe in your case it accentuates the gap between your breasts because they tend to be very round.  This gives more of a implant appearance, high and round with a upper shelf like appearance.  

You have wide cleavage because high profile implants were used. (Yes, it looks odd.)

+1

You have widely-spaced nipples and/or a wide chest--anatomic facts. Since properly-positioned implants need to be pretty close to centered under the nipple/areola complexes (NACs), once the desired size is chosen, profile needs to be selected to give the closest fit to the midline (cleavage area) to both avoid a wide gap and avoid symmastia (uniboob).

Perhaps you and/or your surgeon prefers the high, round look that HP implants tend to provide. But narrow diameter high-profile implants (at the size chosen) compared to your breast base diameter leaves you with a wide cleavage.

I must beg to differ with my colleagues who say this looks good and is a nice compromise. Wider (lower profile) implants would have given you a more natural look, less gaping cleavage, but would have had the (potential, depending on your preferences) chance for too much "side-boob" as the width goes to the side as much as it goes to the middle (when centered under the NACs).

Maybe then you would be asking about "too much side boob and arms hitting your breasts" if wider, lower-profile implants would have been chosen. Clearly, more discussion was needed. I would have recommended moderate plus or even moderate profile implants. Your comment that "they don't look like double Ds" implies that you wish you were bigger, as well as closer in your cleavage. Larger implants will only solve a bit of the too-narrow problem with a slightly wider base diameter. Less high profile implants at the size chosen will likely also be necessary

It looks as if you need to consider re-operation (Yes, I do think this looks odd). So, if re-operation is in your cards, go up to about 500cc and consider moderate or moderate plus implants depending on your intra-operative pocket measurements (they will need to be enlarged both medially and laterally). Your surgeon needs to be careful to avoid symmastia, which can be problematic with larger wider implants. But that's why we get paid the big bucks! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Do my Boobs Look Odd Post-op?

+1

A preoperative picture would help, but the result is a nice result.  You have laterally displaced areolae and a wide space.  If the implants were brought closer to midline you could risk symmastia.  In addition, the areolae would appear even more lateral.  I think that the right compromises were made in your situation, and I would not alter the result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

They look like HP Saline

+1

HP saline have a distinct look, and given that your nipples are widely space this is a very nice result for a combination of those two.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Odd results after augmentation

+1

The implant must be centered within the breast envelope on the nipple, and any wide spacing on your chest will be reflected in your result. You do not look odd. Part of the cause of the 'canyon' effect is the high profile implant which sits up high and rather round on your chest, less 'flow' as with natural breast tissue. If the look is not for you consider a lower profile implant in the future.

Look of breasts after surgery

+1

I always tell my patients that all a breast augmentation can do is make the breasts your have larger.  If your breasts are far apart to start with they will be far apart afterward.  The results you show look normal, but I would have to see the befores to really answer your question.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Do my Boobs Look Odd Post-op?

+1

No, the breasts do not look odd. They are widely spaced, and that is a natural variant. The implants inf anything are a bit more centered than the nipples and areolas, so it looks like your surgeon did a nice job of avoiding making these look as far apart as they actually are. Pre-op photos would be helpful for you to look at .

All the best. 

Too far apart?

+1

Hello ChelseaDawn. Thanks for posting your question and photos. Your result is indeed very nice and natural. You have a natural gap between your breasts that seems to get farther as you lay down. All of this is normal. Importantly, your breast implants are in an appropriate location under the nipple and areola. Congrats on a nice result. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD