Is It Possible to Get a Rhinoplasty to Narrow Bridge and Tip on a Budget of $4,500?

Hello everyone. I am a 20 yr old of african descent. I am wanting to get a rhinoplasty on the first of may 2013 to narrow my bridge and get a pointier tip. I am very shy because i dont like my nose.I will be graduating college soon and would love to get a rhinoplasty before then. The problem is, i only saved $4,500. That is my budget. But i really want to get it done. Is it possible to get my desired.outcome for that price in florida? Do u know of any surgeons that would do.it for this price?

Pricing for Rhinoplasty

+2

Costs for Rhinoplasty can vary depending upon the complexity of the procedure, the surgeon who is performing the operation and even the geographic region you are living in. $4500 is on the low side for a more complex rhinoplasty that might include cartilage grafting, nostril reduction and other ancillary procedures beyond simple tip work and narrowing of the nasal bones. So, the first step is to have someone evaluate you - to find out what bothers you and how much needs to be done to get the result you want. Some physicians offer financing through their offices to allow patients with no credit  to get a procedure more easily. Do not shop for the lowest price however. You may unfortunately get what you paid for.    Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

African American rhinoplasty

+2

African American rhinoplasty is more difficult than  Caucasians due to the thick skin present. It is best not to look for the lowest cost provider on such a difficult operation such as this. Probably best to wait to have the funds available to find the best rhinoplasty surgeon that you can afford.

Cost of rhinoplasty

+1

When considering rhinoplasty surgery, it is important not to sacrifice cost for quality. You should keep the following things in mind when searching for a surgeon:

1) Board certification
2) Credentials
3) Fellowship training
4) Great patient testimonials
5) A good amount of before and after photos showcasing their work

Narrowing the bridge and refining the nasal tip are both possible, but it may not be realistic on a $4500 budget. I do not have information on the the price charged by specific surgeons in Florida, but I can tell you that many surgeons offer financing options that will allow you to pay for your surgery a little bit at a time. I would recommend seeking the advice of board certified surgeons in your area and going from there. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

This would depend on how complex your surgery is, who does the operation, and where it is being done.  However, the question you should find the answer to is whether you are a candidate for rhinoplasty to begin with, because not everyone can benefit from a rhinoplasty and only an experienced surgeon, after a detailed evaluation, can tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for rhinoplasty.  Then you should worry about the price.  Plastic surgery is not like buying a car so you cannot shop around for the "best deal".  At any rate, $4,500 for a rhinoplasty in the hands of an experienced plastic surgeon who has the highest likelihood of delivering what you have in mind, is quite low.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty and cost

+1

I think that you should find the right doctor and save up the money to get it done right the first time or at least have the best chance to get it right the first time.