I Am 5 Ft 4 in Tall 115 Lbs. Are 450 Cc Implants a Good Size for Me ?

I was considering 425 cc vs 450 cc. I am currently a 34 A bra size and my surgeon is also doing a small lift with this as well which he felt I needed to get the look I desired.

Breast Implant Size Selection

+1

Selecting a breast implant size prior to surgery requires evaluation of several factors; height, weight, breast volume and breast dimensions.  In addition, the amount of laxity of the over-lying tissue will potentially determine how large of an implant can be used successfully.  The information you have provided is helpful, but not sufficient to make a final recommendation.  As previously stated, a 25cc difference in implant size is virtually imperceptible. Discussing implant selection with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery, along with photographic results or imaging will help clarify for both you and your surgeon what your goals and expectations are for your surgery. Good communication with your plastic surgeon is an important step in achieving the best result for you. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Implants and lift

+1

Without an exam, it is very difficlt to impossible to suggest what would be the best implant for you. An exam will help see what your anatomy is like and can guide the choice of an implant.

Breast implant size choice

+1

You are petite in your height and weight, and it's impossible to answer this question without photos to show your chest width, degree of deflation in the breasts - many factors. The most important factor is chest width, and your surgeon needs to match the implant choice to your chest width. If the implant is too wide it will not look right. Having said that, a difference of 25 cc is about a shot glass in volume and may not represent a visible difference. Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

425 or 450 cc Breast Implants?

+1

In terms of volume, the difference is only less than 1 ounce so you will not go wrong of you are hoping to achieve a large breast size. Best to discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

+1

Sizing is an art and not a science.  There is virtually no difference between 425 and 450 cc implants.  The question is what size you are looking to be after the surgery and, unfortunately, you haven't given any indication of what that might be in your question.  Either implant will produce a C-D cup breast, approximately based on your body size.  Given that you are thin, the implants should be placed under the muscle.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Implant Size?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you precise advice based on the information you have provided.

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be key to achieving the results you are looking for.  

As you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.