Nostrils Don't Seem to Move After Alar Reduction

"Frozen" nose possible? Nostrils dont really 'spread' after i had the alar reduced? I just got my cast off yesterday and I wasn't happy with my new look the first time I saw it. The doctor said the tip is still swollen and it should go down slightly but I think it's way too projected from my face-- how much hope should I give this? Also-- alar reduction was done and now when i smile there is a tight feeling across my face and the base of my nose doesn't move if that makes sense. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you in advance!

"Frozen " Nose

+2

I will not address each of your concerns, because you have just described every normal sign and symptom patients experience immediately after surgery. The best way to fix this is patience. You will do fine.

Rhinoplasty Postop

+2

If you just got your cast off, then I would say you are only 1 week postop or at most 2 weeks.  You are way to early in your recovery to be judging your result.  Things are tight, things are swollen.  Eventually when the swelling goes down you should be able to more your nostrils and see your final results.  Things still need to settle.

I always tell my patients that they need to wait about 6 months before they can judge their results.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD