Frozen Fat for a Next Fat Transfer? And Can Ruacottan Make Me Lose Fat In the Face?

3 weeks ago i made a fat transfer to the face and the doctor said thet for the next time (if needed) he will freeze some fat . is freezing the fat good or is it much better to get "fresh" one and if yes how long can you keep it frozen . and one more qustion . can Ruacottan make me loss fat in the face ? the doctor gave me this as for a very quick volume loss in my face .... regards 

Frozen fat can be effective.

+3

If your doctor freezes your fat in a subzero medical grade freezer [minus 70 degrees], then it can be used for injection at future dates for "touch up". The frozen fat is likely not quite as viable as fresh fat, but can still be effective.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Frozen fat not as good

+2

Fat can indeed be frozen for later use. The actual viability and possibility of contamination is always present.  It would be great like giving blood and storing it or platelets but even those loose viability.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Frozen fat

+2

We store our fat in a minus 75 degree C freezer and have used the fat successfully for up to 2 years after harvest.

Sam Naficy, MD