Frown Line Spasms After Botox?

I had my first Botox 7 weeks ago: 15 units glabellar + 20 units forehead (triangular.) My main concern was the deep frown lines that were always present. Three weeks later I had a touch-up of 15 units glabellar since the frown lines were still slightly present. One week after that, I began having strong contractions of the frown lines when I touched my forehead with medium depth. Now, they are occurring a few times a day with little direct touch. I love the look now, but what's happening?

Botox and spastic muscles

+1

It's unclear exactly why you would be having muscle spasms in the area, but it can occasionally happen when the muscles are regenerating. From what you've written, you've had a significant amount injected already to those areas so I'd visit with your provider to have them assess and offer their thoughts.

Can Botox cause muscle spasms?

+1

Since Botox is used to treat muscle spasms it is unlikely that a routine Botox injection would cause this problem.  If it persists then follow up with your plastic surgeon or injector.  

Spasms after botox

+1

Botox is a muscle relaxant, so it is actually used to treat muscle spasms.  It isn't clear to me how the problem could be occurring (since you report good cosmetic results).  I would suggest following up with your injector to let them see what problem you are having.  If there is some muscle spasm happening, a touch up injection may take care of it. 

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon