I Done Frontalis Sling Surgery on my Right Eye 3 Years Ago. I Cant Blink on That Eye?

so can i undo the surgery, so i can blink. that eyes feels heavy at times. i was thinknig can i undo the sling surgery and do the normal ptosis surgery? thanks

Frontalis sling ptosis surgery

+1

Frontalis sling links the forehead muscle (frontalis muscle) to the eyelid, so that the forehead is able to assist in lifting a severe droopy eyelid. This technique is reserved for severe ptosis with very weak levator muscle, which is responsible for lifting the eyelid in normal conditions.  One of the downsides of the frontalis sling method is that the eyelid will not properly close or blink if the sling is done too tight.  Adjustments are not unusual for frontalis slings.  It is possible to adjust the existing sling or use a new one.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Frontalis sling surgery

+1

The frontalis sling is used in people with poor eyelid muscle function. Generally, if your eyelid moves less than 4mm when you try to open and close it, this is the procedure of choice.  It is a trade off because it does a great job of opening the eyelid up, but makes it even harder to close.  Undoing the surgery will likely leave you with an eyelid that continues to droop and may or  may not blink well.  Discuss what bothers you most about the eyelid with an oculoplastic surgeon, understanding that you likely can't have it both ways.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon