One of my Two Front Teeth is Shifting on Top of the Other - Can Invisalign Correct This?

I had braces as a teenager however I foolishly never followed up with the retainer. Can Invisalign shift back the tooth to its intended position?

Invisalign is great for relapsed teeth

+1

30% of those wearing Invisalign had braces before. They don't want to wear braces again. I haven't found a case yet where the patient had braces before and was not a candidate for Invisalign.

The answer is definitely yes. Invisalign is especially great for those who had braces before.

Encino Orthodontist

Perfect fit!!!

+1

Invisalign should easily correct this problem.  If it's minor crowding, your dentist may even be able to use a simpler process to save you some money and get a great result.  Best of luck!

John Whittemore, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is GREAT for fixing overlapped teeth.

+1

Yes absolutely. It work wonderfully for this type of rebounding of front teeth. THey may need to do some gentle sanding between the two teeth to make room for them to pass each other but that will not harm them..

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is great for "second time around" braces

+1

Initial orthodontics usually does a lion's share of movement, and the effort required to get teeth "back" into alignment is usually much less.  Invisalign is normally ideal for this purpose.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Overlapping front teeth.

+1

Invisalign  is a great option for overlapped, or rotated teeth.  Adult patients prefer this treatment because it is so much nicer cosmetically.  I would see an Invisalign provider for a consultation.

Kathy Frazar, DDS, FAGD
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Can invisalign work for me?

+1

Relapses from not wearing retainers are one of the most common reasons for Invisalign treatment.  Of course I don'tr know your exact situation but I bet it will be an easy Invisalign case

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign for "relapse"

+1

The great news for people who wore braces but slacked off on retainers is that you don't need braces again to get back the straight teeth you had when the braces came off.  Invisalign is a perfect solution for you!  Just remember a few key points: be sure to wear the Invisalign aligners at least 22 hours per day, and, once you are finished with Invisalign, be sure to wear your retainers!  You may wish to ask your orthodontist about a "bonded" lower retainer, which is a fixed bar to hold the lower front teeth straight.  You don't have to remember to wear this, so it assures that there will be no "relaspe".

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist

Invisalign to correct shifting teeth

+1

Yes. From what you are describing it sounds like you are a perfect candidate for invisalign. You had braces as a child and then didn't wear your retainer and some mild tooth shifting has occurred. I would recommend seeing an orthodontist who can review your treatment options!

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist