I have large front teeth. I am having reshaping and dental bonding. What is a realistic size they can be reduced too? (photos)

I am looking to have my upper teeth reshaped /contoured and have dental bonding also, I expect to have work done on the top 6 teeth. As you can see, my two front teeth are very large. What is the realistic size that they can be reduced to (i.e. can you 'narrow' teeth during a reshaping process, or does this procedure focus on length?). I've also looked into veneers but the high cost associated with this procedure is somewhat inhibiting.

Bonding and contouring ... #DrSoftTouch

+1
Hello Jennifer, 
I can understand that veneers may cost more than you are willing to spend, but there are a few things that you should know about bonding, before making the investment in it.  First of all, bonding looks great and is instant.  It can make your teeth appear whiter and actually perfect.  However, bonding stains very very easily with little effort.  Once it begins to stain, it is usually not reversible.  So, if you are good at avoiding smoking, eating curry or other staining foods, and you are also able to stay away from dark beverages like wine and coffee, then you might not need to worry about staining as much.  Also, bonding is not as durable as veneers, so if you can stay away from crunchy foods and/or biting into apples or other things, then bonding may be a great option for you.  Regardless, you will likely need to have your bonding redone several times within your lifetime, due to normal staining and chipping.  
Porcelain veneers are much more expensive, but they last 20-30 years and are extremely stain resistant.  Bonding is a great short -term option, but porcelain veneers are the better long-term investment.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

Belleville Cosmetic Dentist

Consider options carefully

+1
My honest opinion on looking at your photo is that your teeth are very aesthetic looking. The shape, colour, size and appearance of teeth can be altered with either bonding or veneers but bear in mind that these changes are permanent and will require maintenance throughout your life. Of course, the choice is ultimately yours, but do your research and make sure you go to an experienced cosmetic dentist who will discuss your options in detail.

Natwarlal Tibrewal, BDS
Leeds Cosmetic Dentist

Jennifer

+1
I have to say my first reaction to seeing your teeth is that they are stunning.  People often pay a great deal of money to get their teeth to look as good as yours.  Of course your teeth can be shortened.  It is very easy to take tooth structure away.  Much harder to put it back.  So think very seriously about changing these teeth.  The width of teeth can be altered.  Easier with veneers, not as easy with bonding but someone who is very experienced could potentially help you achieve your goals.  Seek out the help of a very good cosmetic dentist and find out your options.  Good luck to you!

Thomas Roberts, DDS
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist