I Have a Front Slightly Dark Tooth from Root Canal Done 10 Years Ago, I Don't Want to Grind the Tooth at All? (photo)

i am 20 fortunately my braces hide the brownness right now..my dentist had advised me to put a crown afterwards but after browsing on the net and seeing the amount of tooth to be removed, i really don't want to have a crown because my tooth's shape is totally ok.. Another option i saw online was Veneers, but for this one also, a considerable amount of tooth has to be removed :( it's just that it's turning visibly brown and i can't smile anymore after having braces for 4 years now :(

I Have a Front Slightly Dark Tooth from Root Canal Done 10 Years Ago, I Don't Want to Grind the Tooth at All?

+1

It appears that the tooth is darkening from the root canal treatment but there is also a deep stain on the biting edge. The tooth can be lightened by internal and external bleaching. A cosmetic dentist can use bonding after the bleaching to finalize the color to match your other teeth. Be sure to get a qualified cosmetic dentist.

Santa Monica Cosmetic Dentist

Dark Front Tooth

+1

Sometimes intra canal bleaching can work. Its not always sucessful or that great though. Veneers are pretty conservative and would be a great option versus a crown!

Svetlana Novak, DMD
Natick Cosmetic Dentist

I Have a Front Slightly Dark Tooth

+1

You may want to have it professionally bleached after the braces come off..............................

Murray Bruckel, DDS
Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist