I Have a Front Slightly Dark Tooth from Root Canal Done 10 Years Ago, I Don't Want to Grind the Tooth at All? (photo)

i am 20 fortunately my braces hide the brownness right now..my dentist had advised me to put a crown afterwards but after browsing on the net and seeing the amount of tooth to be removed, i really don't want to have a crown because my tooth's shape is totally ok.. Another option i saw online was Veneers, but for this one also, a considerable amount of tooth has to be removed :( it's just that it's turning visibly brown and i can't smile anymore after having braces for 4 years now :(

I Have a Front Slightly Dark Tooth from Root Canal Done 10 Years Ago, I Don't Want to Grind the Tooth at All?

It appears that the tooth is darkening from the root canal treatment but there is also a deep stain on the biting edge. The tooth can be lightened by internal and external bleaching. A cosmetic dentist can use bonding after the bleaching to finalize the color to match your other teeth. Be sure to get a qualified cosmetic dentist.

Santa Monica Cosmetic Dentist

Dark Front Tooth

Sometimes intra canal bleaching can work. Its not always sucessful or that great though. Veneers are pretty conservative and would be a great option versus a crown!

Svetlana Novak, DMD
Natick Cosmetic Dentist

I Have a Front Slightly Dark Tooth

You may want to have it professionally bleached after the braces come off..............................

Murray Bruckel, DDS
Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist