From your experience, do the 492 mod plus silicone breast implants make someone of my size look too top heavy? (Photo)

As of now, will be getting the 492 mod +silicone implants. I'm 5'5.5 and 133 lbs.My ribcage measures 29 inches and my BWD is 14.3. I breastfed both of my kids so as my PS put it, I'm very deflated. The first implant he suggested was the 492. I know I need a larger diameter to fill my BWD, but I guess the 492 cc number is what makes me nervous. I thought about the 457 with the 13.7 diameter but not sure if that would leave too much of a gap. Do you lose a bit once placed behind the muscle?

492

+2
Implant size is a function of overall body balance. Based on your photos your breast, tummy bum, balance seems quite proportionate with the 492cc implant. The only issue with larger implants typically is more sagging long term and more feeling of ripples on the edges. For this reason with the size your are going to I would recommend a highly cohesive gel implant, that will ripple less. Being both a Canadian and American Surgeon We have acces to more advanced implants. A highly cohesive implant like the Allergan Inspira is an excellent choice for your situation.

Implant size

+2
I agree that the 492 cc implant sizer looks good.  I would go with your gut and realize that the difference between the two implants is not huge, when in doubt always choose the bigger size as you are correct that sub muscular implants look a little smaller than the sizers do.  Good luck!

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

The right size for you...

+1
Thank you for your question.  In terms of breast implant sizing, there are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implants alone will not correct deflated breasts

+1
Since you have had pregnancies, breast fed and your breasts are deflated, implants alone will not be enough.You will need a simultaneous lift.Many women refuse lifts because of the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.You are focusing solely on implant volume to solve your problem.22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result.Frequent causes of dissatisfaction are over implantation and not performing a simultaneous lift when needed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about breast implant size

+1
Thank you for your inquiry about the best size for your breast implant.

You are of normal height, normal weight and appear to have a wide chest. 
Yes, implants will not be smaller but tend to look smaller, once they are under the muscle.
But a lot depends on your goal and the extent of your deflation, as well as your chest width.
If you have lost a great deal of volume, the 492 implant may simply replace what you had before.

But many women today want to avoid the 'obvious' look and prefer to err on the side of smaller.
Implants can be placed that are slightly smaller than your breast base width.
Return to your plastic surgeon for a second consultation to try on the implants again, have him/her reassess your chest again and discuss whether the smaller implant might be a better choice for you, no matter how good it looks to others. 

It is important to be confident you have made the right decision before you have surgery. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Implant size selection

+1
The base diameter measurement is much more important than the volume.  If you have a wide based breast then a wide based implant is appropriate.  

492 cc breast implant sizer looks excellent on you

+1
Based on your photograph the 492 cc sizer looks excellent on you.  Again based on the photograph that looks perfectly appropriate on your frame and body in clothing.   It does not look exaggerated, Feick, or obviously augmented but rather looks natural to me.

However you must be perfectly comfortable with the appearance  because my opinion and your plastic surgeons opinion is definitely secondary to how you feel.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS