From your experience, about how big will I be for my final result?

I am currently a 34a. I am 5'5" and 118 lbs. I have discussed with my surgeon silicone implants 450cc. I am hoping for a D or DD.

Try the Rice test at home to see how you will look with 450 cc breast implants

+3

Thank you for your question. During your examination by your plastic surgeon the surgeon should have done biometric measurements of your breast and chest and made a recommendation of appropriate size breast implant for your body.Hopefully the Dr. had a sizing system in which you placed implants into your bra to give you an idea of what 450 cc would look like.

You can do the Rice test at home that is described in the link below to put 450 cc into a non-padded bra to give you an idea of your size with 450 cc added to your breasts.

Avoid large implants

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 450 cc implants would take you up 4 ½ cup sizes to a size E or F. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications. 450 cc implants will not fit retro-pectorally, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. The goal of breast surgery is to have a long lasting result, not undergo a series of revisions.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant volume

+1

If you figured out with your surgeon the volume, you can try it out in a baggy test with a bra over it to give a rough idea.

+1

Implants do not equate to a cup size and your final size depends entirely on what you are starting with PLUS the implant size.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1

What I have learned from experiences that it is not possible to predict, with any degree of certainty, exactly what cup sizes patients will end up after breast augmentation surgery with a specific breast implant volume. Any “predictions” are really only guesses.

Therefore, it is important not to communicate your goals when it comes to breast size achieved after breast alteration surgery, using cup sizes as a reference. This form of communication can be a source of miscommunication and potential disappointment.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be very helpful during the communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.