Is It Possible to Go from a Round Nose to a Pointy Nose Through Plastic Surgery. Also, Are There Ever Any Drastic Results?

As for my second question - Every time I see before and after pictures, the results are barely noticeable. The nose is like a centimeter thinner or whatever. Can you get drastic results from surgery. In the future I am planning on getting a nose job to make my nose thinner + less round and more pointy.

Refining the nasal tip

+1

It is possible to refine the nasal tip and improve the appearance of a "round" nose. You do not want to be too aggressive with the surgery, as the nose may appear overdone. If a patient has thick skin, they will not always achieve the level of definition they desire, but improvements can be made. Good communication with your surgeon is essential in order to obtain the best possible result. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist who uses computer imaging software. It is a fantastic tool that may give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Drastic Results with Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty results can be subtle or more dramatic.  There are some limitations on final result based upon skin thickness and the necessity to breathe.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who has performed hundreds of rhinoplasties.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.