From Picture What Kind of Tummy Tuck Do You Advise? (photo)

I have lost 56lbs 2yrs ago and have stayed same weight ever since, I walk 12 miles 4-5 times per week and cannot lose anymore weight

Extended or circumferential tummy tuck would be two best options

+3

Thank you for the photos.  The best aesthetic result would require a procedure that removes all of the excess skin and soft-tissue laxity, tighten the abdominal wall, and thin out the excess fat of the abdomen, flanks, and back.  In my humble opinion, the very best result would be provided by a circumferential tummy tuck and concurrent (at the same time) liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, and back.  For this, I would encourage you to seek consultation with plastic surgeons that have specific experience with tummy tucks and with this combination of procedures.  An extended tummy tuck would also create a very nice result but with less contouring of the back and sides.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=136&StartRow=16

Extended tummy tuck

+2

For patients that have a large panniculus of skin, I find that an extended abdominoplasty affords a great result. By making an incision from hipbone to hipbone, I am able to remove the excess skin and provide a much more attractive contour & silhouette. Good work on the weight loss!!

Tummy tuck

+2

I am not sure what you mean by "what kind of tummy tuck". While tummy tucks have general "names" associated with them, it is more important to customize your procedure to your anatomy and your goals. This is a common mistake and misconception patient have. The procedure should fit individual situation. You should not accept the results of a standard 'named" procedure. For example, while you might need a "full" tummy tuck, or an "extended" tummy tuck, or a "high lateral" or "high medial" tension tummy tuck, by analyzing your anatomy and designing a customized procedure to achieve your goal, your procedure might or might not fit into these "kinds" of tummy tuck. What you call your surgery is not important, how you design it is.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option with the likely need for liposuction of the flank area of the lower back.

+2

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Tummy tuck

+1

An extended tummy tuck with liposuction should take about 3 hours and you will have a nice flat stomach. Recovery is about 8 weeks for exercise and 2 weeks to drive a car. A board certified plastic surgeon should be able to help you. Good luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Extended abdominoplasty

+1

You would benefit from a full abdominoplasty, probably better would be an extended abdominoplasty.  A circumferential lipectomy (taking the incision all the way around) would be a consideration as well.  Liposuctioning of the flank regions should certainly be a consideration.  Can graduations on losing and keeping off the weight.  Best of luck to you.  Of course, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to embarking on any surgery.

Type Of Abdominoplasty Recommended?

+1

You are to be congratulated on losing so much weight and keeping it off.  At this point, either an extended tummy tuck or a tummy tuck with a lower body lift (the backside of a tummy tuck) would be appropriate.  There are so many questions that need to be answered.  Just a few are:

1.  do you smoke?

2.  who will take care of you after the surgery?

3.  do you have asthma or high blood pressure?

As you can see, you need a medical clearance and a complete physical exam by a Board Certified plastic surgeon.  Along with the tummy tuck, you would also have repair of your separated abdominal muscles..  If you pick the right plastic surgeon, I believe you will be thrilled with the new you.  Good luck.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

What Kind of Tummy Tuck Do You Advise?

+1

Based upon the photo, I think you would do best with an extended tummy tuck, though at an examination in a surgeon's office, the recommendation might be for  a tuck that goes all around to the back (sometimes called lower body lift or belt lipectomy). If your weight is at a realistic end point, this is a good time.

You seem ready for an in person consultation. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org) also has listings for your area. Cross referencing to the listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Hello

+1

From your picture it looks like you have a lot of loose skin after your weight lost, which is a great thing for you congrats on your weight loss. In our practice we would recommend an extended tummy tuck to get rid of the excess skin and repair abdomen muscle. You need to see a certified PS to get your options. Good luck.