Huge & droopy tip to piggy nose after 16 days post op

I had an Open Rhinopasty 2 weeks ago. After he removed the cast, the tip was huge, long and droopy. He taped my nose for one week and I noticed my nose was shorter when I removed the tape. So I taped it everyday but now (16 days post op) I noticed my nostrils are lifted /upturned a little bit and I'm scared I'll have a piggy nose when all the swelling go down.

+1
Dear kls13, thank you for your question.It may take several months for swelling to subside after rhinoplasty. Here in San Diego, we follow our patients for one year to follow their healing. Consider following up with your surgeon to monitor your progress and see if any intervention is necessary. Rarely a second opinion may be in order. Best of Luck.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks post rhinoplasty

+1
At two weeks post-rhinoplasty, your nose is still very swollen and will stay this way for quite some time. Be patient. it should get better.

Post rhinoplasty

+1
See your surgeon for instructions on taping the nose.  You are still in the early post op period and things are continuing to change.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Result

+1
At 2 weeks post op it is impossible to say how your nose will ultimately look so be patient and follow up with your surgeon and express your concerns. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon