Can I Go from a D to a C After the Swelling Subsides? (photo)

I just had breast reduction surgery 5 days ago and my surgeon said he removed a couple hundred grams. It was mostly fatty tissue. I thought he had to remove 400 for insurance coverage so I wasn't worried about being left too big. Right now I am still a D but was hoping for a C. Is there hope that I will get smaller after the swelling goes down?

Breast Reduction - Can I Go from a D to a C After the Swelling Subsides?

+1

In general - yes, you will wind up being smaller than you are now.  By the way, you appear to have an excellent result - I don't know what you looked like before, but you look very good now.  So from that standpoint, you already have an outstanding outcome.

In terms of size, you will undoubtedly be smaller ultimately than you are now - takes several weeks to months to see the final results and size.  I suspect, therefore, that you'll be smaller than you are now.

That being said, you have such a good result that I think you can reasonably be comfortable with what you have - even if you were not going to get smaller.  Though you will.

This is what we would call the ultimate Win-Win.  You'll get smaller, and you already have a great result.  Congrats!

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Breast Reduction Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Your surgeon has done a very nice job for you.

Yes, you will find that the breasts will change significantly over the next few months/year after surgery. They will very likely decrease in size to some degree and take a more pleasing shape as well.

I would suggest that you do not base your satisfaction level with the results of surgery on a specific cup size;  instead concentrate on the improvement of the size/shape/positioning of the breasts in relation to the remainder of your torso.