I am from Canada and having cosmetic surgery in the US?

I am concerned about any unexpected complications during surgery or after surgery and what kind of medical insurance I should have.

+1

You do not state what type of surgery you are having as this can have and effect on answering your question. You should consider looking into the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS) and working with a member Plastic Surgeon.

+1

This is a good question. I would ask your plastic surgeon about this.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Mommy-Makeover-photo-galleries.php

I am from Canada and having cosmetic surgery in the US.

+1

You did not say what procedure you are having, as that would make a difference in your follow up, and how long you should stay in the US. Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon and follow his recommendation as to your follow up care. Most insurance companies do not cover cosmetic surgery. Best wishes!