Is it possible to go from a C cup to an A cup? (Photo)

I'm fourteen, 5'3 and 105lbs and a 34C (roughly). I'm on a waiting list for a breast reduction, which most likely will happen when I'm around sixteen. I have back and neck pain more than often, and overall hate being so big for my body size. I want to know if it's possible to go from a 34C to a 34A? And if so, would it be able to look like this photo I added? That's exactly what I want, but am unsure if it'll turn out like that.  Thanks for your help!

Breast reduction on a 14 year old

+1

Insurance companies now deny surgery for anyone under 18 except under extraordinary circumstances and you would not fit within those exceptions.  It is important for you to complete growth prior to having surgery.  The photograph you posted is of an extremely thin woman so you need to ask yourself whether your own body is equivalent to hers because everyone is different and part of maturity is accepting your own body habitus.  Think about your own expectations and goals prior to undergoing surgery.  Good luck to you.

Breast reduction before age 18

+1

In general, breast reduction is delayed until the patient is fully grown and can sign her own consent form unless the situation is extreme. Normal breast size is up to a C-cup size. An A cup is small normal, B cup is average, and a C cup is bigger normal. Another way to look at it is that the female body/chest is built to handle an A-C cup size breast but not D's or larger which can result in strain on the back and neck. 

After you are fully grown and able to sign your own consent form, a cosmetic procedure such as augmenting the breast to a larger size or decreasing the size to less than average could be considered but enlarging it is simpler, less scar, and more reversible. Reducing a breast from big normal to small normal is not commonly done and certainly would not be done as a functional or medically necessary procedure to relieve symptoms. The situation would have to be assessed and the plastic surgeon would have to use his or her judgment on the reasonableness of such a procedure. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Answer to RealSelf.com breast reduction question

+1

Breast reduction is typically not considered for someone with a C cup breast.  Most breast reductions are done to alleviate neck, back, and shoulder pain.   While you state that your are having these types of pain, it would be rare for a C cup breast to lead to significant neck and shoulder pain.  Your goals to look like the woman in the photograph are unusual and not a likely outcome after breast reduction.

At 14, it is likely that you still have significant growing to do.  It is also not unlikely that you will change your opinion--at least to some degree.  I would definitely recommend that you wait at least 2 years before undergoing breast surgery.  There are often significant scars that are associated with breast reduction.  Best wishes.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction to an A-cup

+1

Starting from a C-cup we would not consider that you would be a candidate for breast reduction as the likely hood of control of your back is not great. Also the skin envelope of the breast may not shrink and conform to the A-cup you show and would not be a realistic goal. Be cautious of scars, and lack of breast feeding as your feelings may change later in life.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast reduction?

+1

I am glad that you will be waiting at least 2 years before proceeding with any type of surgery. Based on your description, currently a “C cup",  you not sound like the patient suffering from “juvenile breast hypertrophy”. Waiting at least 2 years will give you time to really think about your goals and the potential risks and complications associated with breast surgery (especially at your age).  I am concerned that, unless you receive wise guidance, you will make mistakes with regards to your breasts  that  you forever regret.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL.