If I Go from 375cc to 300 Ccc Will I Need a Lift?

Is a lift needed

+1

Impossible to say without an examination.  It depends on your skin quality.  Please see a plastic surgeon for a consultation

Lift after decrease in implant size.

+1

Unfortunately, this is an impossible question to answer with an exam or at minimum some photos. 75cc will certainly lead to a noticeable decrease in breast size, but whether it leads to a lift requires an exam.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lift post exchange

+1

This will depend on how you feel your breats look and where is your nipple relative to the inframmmary fold or crease.Chance are you will not.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Necessary when Downsizing Breast Implants?

+1

Whether or not a breast lift will be necessary in your case will depend on your physical examination and your specific goals. Generally speaking, if you are pleased with the  position of your breasts and nipples/areola complexes at this time, downsizing 75 mL should not cause significant change in breast position ( “sagging”).

I would suggest that you discuss  this concern with your plastic surgeon after you communicate your goals carefully.  He/she will be in a much better position to advise you after direct examination.

Smaller Breast Implant Volume May Not Alter Need for a Breast Lift

+1

Dear Lili Alves-

In general, a breast implant will fill out your breast and/ or your loose breast skin, but it's hard to tell over the internet or even with photos if only a 75 cc volume reduction will not fill out your breast tissue enough, meaning that you'll need a breast lift. 

I would strongly recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon in person, who should be able to tell you after a physical examination whether you need a breast lift or not.

Best wishes!

Sincerely,

Roy Kim, MD

Roy Kim, MD

+1

Without at least a photo, you will not be able to get useful guidance. Even a photo is not as good as an exam by a plastic surgeon. 

Lifts are typically done for one or a combination of two problems:

• nipple and areola are too low
  • skin is loose

Without more info, I cannot tell if either is an issue for you.

The amount of size change that you are contemplating is rather modest. If your nipple and areolar position is currently too low, or a few breast skin is loose and sagging now, both of those problems may be exaggerated with a smaller implant. However if those are non-issues it is quite likely they will remain so after a small size change.

Please consider posting a Photo. At any rate your question would be best answered during a personal consultation with plastic surgery. Thank you for your question and best wishes.

Will a lift be needed

+1

It is impossible to say if you will need a lift without a physical exam.  Your plastic surgeon will need to assess your current breast anatomy, the current position of your nipple areolas, and the quality of your breast skin to make any recommendations. Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS