Is It Possible to Go from 34a to 34b with 425cc Saline Under Muscle or Was I Sized Wrong?

i had my surgery 2 weeks ago i know it too early to get sized but i just wanted to see what i was measuring at and im only a 34b i started as a 34a is was i measured wrong im 5'3 130lbs should i wait or just be dissapointed now?

Bra sizing will be inaccurate immediately after breast augmentation

+2

It takes a minimum of 3 months for postoperative swelling to resolve.  Wait at least that amount of time to buy bras and to form an opinion about the surgical results.

Here are a few points about bra cup size calculation.

1. Bra cup size is calculated by subtracting the distance around the chest just below the breasts (band size) from the distance around the chest at the maximum point of breast projection (bust size).  The larger this difference the larger the cup size. 
  2. Postoperative swelling increases the band size making the difference between the bust size and band size, and therefore cup size, artificially small. 
  3. As the swelling decreases, the band size will become smaller, the breast will settle, the bust size minus the band size difference should increase so the cup size will be larger. 

You should have an idea of the final cup size by 3 months after your surgery.  Your final bra size will, however, vary with the manufacturer just as shoe sizes vary depending upon the maker.  

Breast Augmentation Size

+2

34 a to b with 425 cc is not common. you should fit into a double DD when all settles down most women do not wear the correct bra to start with. the average size implants to go from A/B to a C cup are:

36 bra     375 cc

34 bra     325-350

32 bra     275-325

Is It Possible to Go frm 34a to 34b w/ 425cc Saline Under Muscle or Was I Sized Wrong? Answer:

+2

I had to laugh with you and your comment of “should I wait or just be disappointed now?”..very cute and sincere!  It is so normal for you to want to see your results now. My patients feel the same way and I tell them to expect exactly what you are seeing…So,  yes just wait...You have good sized implants and with a little time and massage they should move down a bit and fill out more of a cup. It may take anywhere from 3-6 weeks in most cases but sometimes longer...Hang in there!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks after surgery is still very early to decide on cup size

+1

Never rush to disappointment!

Two weeks out is still early after surgery, especially when the implant is under the muscle.  There is a lot of swelling of the breasts but also of the surrounding area which distorts how big the breasts actually look.  Give it more time.  In general, the volume of the implants would indicate that you will likely be larger than a B cup but we do not know what type of implant you received, ie low profile, moderate profile, high profile, etc.  It may very well be that you will be in the large B/small C cup range if the implant type was low or moderate profile.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Wait...or be disappointed

+1

With your height and weight, and how little time has passed since your surgery, it is still too soon to make any final decisions on your breast augmentation results.  If you truly went with 425cc implants then I find it hard to believe you would only go up one cup size.  Wait a little longer, comply with your aftercare and keep open communication with your dr.  Expectations are very important to discuss with your surgeon before surgery.  Hopefully you two were on the same page and all will turn out well.  Give it time and stay optimistic!

Joseph Serota, MD
Aurora Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes it is possible but I not sure the exact size you are looking for. At least with that size of implant gaining one cup size is very possible. Discuss with your chosen surgeon in person. 

425 cc implants

+1

I find it hard to believe that with a 425 cc implant you only went from an "A" to a "B."  I would have guessed it would bump you at least to a "C" or even slighly larger.

A cup to B or C cup augmentation

+1

If your bra size is 34, unless you were a very small A cup, 425 ml implants should bring you up to a C cup in most bras.  If you were a very small A, 425 may increase you, at the least, to a full B.  Two weeks is too early to tell for sure.  Get sized at a couple of different reliable places.  Don't be disappointed.  Conservatism in size pays off in better nipple sensation, less wrinkling and rippling, a more realistic look, better fitting clothing, less sagging and skin stretching, and less cumbersome breasts during most athletic activities.  Also, in general, more classy, less trashy.

Steve Laverson, MD

Implant size

+1

Yes, it is too early to determine your bra size two weeks after your breast augmentation.  Although bra size may vary with different brands, if you were 5'3'', 130lbs and started with 34A and had 425cc implants, I would expect that you would be at least 34C. 

Sugene Kim, MD

Your ultimate cup size will be greater than a "B"

+1

It is still quite early yet to determine the ultimate cup size though this will be variable even later on do to proprietary issues. With that said, having 425cc implants placed in you, being 5' 3' and 130 pounds, you will definitely be larger than a "B" cup, starting from a 34A.

Be patient and give things time.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD