Style 45 800cc Implant Vs Style 20 800cc?

Totally confused about these. the style 20 is wider than the 45 does this mean it will appear larger? (my PS wants to do under the musle so I know projection is lost) Which of the two will appear the largest? I understand the 45 are the largest projection but comparing the two implants visually the style 20 appears the largest of the 2 because of the width. I want the largest I can get in silicone. I have 659cc moderate plus, and not one bit pleased with this look.

+2

Good question. Both implants are 800cc so they are absolutely the same size. But they look very different. Ask your surgeon to show you the width and projection numbers of your current implants and compare that to those measurements in the two types you are looking at. that will give you a good idea which one will best suit your needs.

Alignment produces superior projection

+1

The goal of plastic surgery is to produce beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by many factors; position on the chest wall, symmetry, skin tone, areola position and least of all volume.  Changing from 659cc implants to 800 cc implants is a 141 cc increase, which is not significant even if high profile.  You can maximize anterior projection by having the areola, breast tissue and implant all aligned high on the chest wall in the same horizontal plane.  Breast lift will give results superior to 800 cc implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Style 45 vs style 20

+1

Both these 800 cc implants have the same volume The style 45. The difference is that the style 45 has a narrower base and more projection. However, the difference in projection is 6 mm, less than a quarter of an inch. These are similar enough in contour that it might be hard to distinguish between the two even if someone had one of each. 

My worry is whether this is enough volume increase to make a difference to you. I don't know if it is size alone or something else that leaves you unsatisfied with your results. The size increase would be 141cc, If you look at a 150 cc implant you will see the amount of volume change. A "rice test" at home can give you a "guess" as to the amount of change to expect. Fill a socking with about 140 cc, or 5 fluid ounces, of rice, spread it out and lay it over the breast and put on a sports bra. Try both sides, and also one side to see if there is enough difference. 

Be sure to look at sizer of your current 659 cc implant, and the proposed 800's to see how much larger they are.

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.

Different types of implants

+1

It depends on what your goals are.  The style 45 is rounder and projects a little more.  The style 20 is slightly wider, and less "full" in regard to projection.  That said, both are quite big, and much larger than your current implant.  

David A. Lickstein, MD

Breast augmentation revision

+1

I think you are moving into dangerous territory. What's next, 1100cc implant? I am not sure anyone would be helping you in the long run by placing such large implants.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD