My Friend Pulled my Cheek After Rhinoplasty. Will my Nose Be Ok?

I am 17 years old and I had rhinoplasty exactly 4 weeks ago. It wasn't a big procedure, I just had my tip raised and lower lateral straightened but it is still uncomfortable for me to smile. Today my older male cousin decided for pull my right cheek because of something cute I did. It hurt SO BAD, I felt like the incisions in my nose were pulled out and it still kind of hurts right now. Do you think my nose will recover the same way? I am afraid the lower tip is going to fall again.

Cheek Pulled after Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

While uncomfortable, it's unlikely any problems occurred with the cheek pulling. A lot of healing has already occurred at one month after rhinoplasty and nasal tissue is pretty stable. Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon regarding any concerns you have. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pulled cheek

+1

I doubt that your nose will be altered. You did feel pain from pulling of the healing tissue. In any case, you just need more time to be sure. Don't worry

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Trauma after rhinoplasty

+1

Since it is four weeks after surgery, it is likely that you are okay as long as the nose looks okay.  If you see any deformity, they it would be in your best interest to see your surgeon for an evaluation.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD