If I Had a Friend with my Ideal Hair Type Donate His Hair for a Graph Would It Stick Charactistic Wise?

I've seen questions here asking if it was possible to change your hair type through surgery and every doctor has said your hair will stay the same when taken from the back of your head. What about if it was taken from the back of someone else's head? As in if a friend with the hair type I wanted donated his hair to me, would it stick? If not on my own scalp, is a full scalp transplant theoretically possible?

Hair Transplant Donor Source From Different Person

+1

Because of DNA, hair from a different donor would be seen as a foreign threat to the body and the immune system would reject the transplant. Only immunosuppressive drugs would be able to make it work, but these types of medications are extremely hard on the body and only used in cases where a donor transplant is absolutely necessary.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair transplant from another patient

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to donate hair to another person so your friend or family meember could not give you hair.  THe hair would reject just like any other type of transplant unless you were on anti rejection medications which have side effects.  Even if it were possible, which it may not be, the risks would be too great for a hair tranpslant procedure

Paul M. Glat, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant from another person

+1

The only other person who could be a donor for a hair transplant would be an identical twin.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon