My Friend Claims She Had Fat from an Animal Injected into Her Butt - is That Possible?

She looks great... but i think she is lying to me, is that even possible, safe or even legal? by the way an R.N did it for her at her house

Hopefully Your Friend is a Liar

+2

Hopefully, she is kidding. I do not know how many of my colleagues who contribute to this site, share my opinion, but I am constantly amazed at the crazy things people do to themselves and others in the name of "beauty"

If this is true, this is totally unsafe, and illegal in so many ways the State Board of Nursing should throw the book at this Nurse. She should be reported post haste.

Procedures like this should be performed only under sterile conditions, not in a home. True, xenografts such as this might take, porcine grafts etc., but only on special material. There is the obvious risk of infection from all sorts of weird bacteria to which the animal may play host. 

Actually, the more I answer this, the more I think this is all a joke, kinda like the article in today's ( August 24, 2010) Annals of Internal Medicine on health care reform. 

Incidentally, does your friend occasionally let out a whinny, moo, or oink when she talks after the procedure?

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Animal fat injections

+1

I have heard many bizarre things, especially by non-doctors or plastic surgeons. Unfortunately, in almost all cases, they do not work and greater problems than what the patient was trying to fix may result. Fat from animals would be rejected or just disappear and could result in infections, scarring,etc. You would be doing a lot of potential patients from having bad complications by reporting this individual!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Buttocks Injections

+1

There are many illegal substance injected into patient's buttocks. This is a growing and alarming trend often with DISASTEROUS RESULTS!!!  She may have had animal fat since treatment not rendered by a licensed physician and furthermore a board certified plastic surgeon ARE NOT REGULATED!!!  There all kinds of possible problems from unusual life-threatening infections and severe rejection resulting in horrible wounds.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Fat Transfer to buttocks works well

+1

Your friend is uninformed or kidding.  Buttock enhancement using your own fat transferred from an area of excess fat works very well, if done properly by an experienced plastic surgeon.  Animal fat injection could be done, but the result would be a disaster!

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Fat transfer

+1

If she did, that non-surgeon is simply an idiot.  I doubt it very much if this was done.  It will never work and most of the fat from another person, animls, friend, mother, sister, etc would be rejected and resorbed.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Fat transfer from an animal is not something that sounds legal and is not a sound principle

+1

Fat transfer from an animal is not something that sounds legal and is not a sound principle. Given that it was done at a nurse's house sounds extremely fishy to me. That in itself is not legal unless she has established her house as a place to business and is certified to do these procedures.  To begin with RN's aren't supposed to inject fat in the first place. Fat from an animal will also be completely degraded by the body and any results are likely due to scarring.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buttocks Augmentation can not be done with someone elses fat!

+1

No, it is not possible!   No it is not legal!   No it is not safe!
Don't do it! 

If this was possible and safe, don't you think Doctors would be doing this?     

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Do not do animal fat injections

+1

using another patient's or animal's fat to be injected into your body is asking for problems. Do not do such procedcures out of a clean medical environment. These procedures should be done by doctors. If an infection occurs, such as mycobacterial, there can be weeks of treatment and permanent horrific scarring. There might be transmission of slow-virus infection that can produce severe systemic symptoms. This at home treatment should be reported to the local health department or nursing licensing board.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Butt Augmentation at Home - BAD Idea

+1

Regarding ; "My friend claims she had fat from an animal injected into her butt - is that possible?

"

"had fat from an animal injected into her butt - ..., is that even possible, safe or even legal?" When you have medical procedures done at home by unlicensed and unqualified individuals everything is possible and it is highly dangerous and highly illegal.

Such "pump" treatments cannot be reversed and often accompanied by severe complications which are much more expensive than the original "treatment". Don't do it.

Dr. Aldea