Free Tummy Tuck for Endometriosis Patient?

I am a stage IV Endometriosis patient. I am 33 years old, otherwise healthy person. I am undergoing a second Laperoscopy (sp?) surgery this summer due to my intolerance with Lupron and Femara. I have had a horrible ordeal which has included all sorts of fertility treatments. I have one child, which resulted in an emergency C-section, which began this hell. I want a tummy tuck to help w/ the sadness of now being barren. Is there anyway to get a free one? Even if it was through a teaching college?

There is no such thing as a free TT

+3

Nothing in life is really free.  The best result will come from an abdominoplasty done by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  It is possible to have one done by a plastic surgery resident in training under the guidance of an experienced plastic surgeon, but it will not be free.  If you live in an area where there is a plastic surgery training program call them and ask for the costs. 

Free tummy tuck

+2

I sympathise with your sadness. Free tummy tucks must be rare indeed, and it is unlikely you can find one. I'm glad that you have been able to at least have one child.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Tummytuck

+2

Unfortunately nothing in life evers seems to be free. I am unaware of any mechanism at private or university hospitals to get free cosmetic surgery.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

A free tummy tuck is not common.  Each practice usually gets many requests for this.  Many offer discounts  for unique situations so this will probably be the reality.  Plastic surgery is not doing the business they were even 3-4 years ago so many are just getting by.  The profit margin has drastically shrunk so a teaching facility would be a good place to start.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon