I Have a Freckle on my Lip from over Sun Exposure. Does It Require Surgery to Remove It?

My freckle is on my lip.

Mole removal

+1

It could be removed by surgical excision or laser. If your doctor thinks the lesion needs to be reviewed by a pathologist it should be removed with a scalpel rather than removed or destroyed by a laser. That way the pathologist will be able to clearly see the lesion and its margins.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.