Fraxel Repair vs Total (Deep) FX - Best for Raised and Keloid Scars?

I'm considering laser resurfacing for raised, keloid type scars from cystic acne. I've attached a picture of a sampling of the type of scarring I have. Would the Fraxel:Repair or the Total FX, utilizing the Deep FX, be the best option for me? Or are there any other options that may work better for me? Thanks!

Total FX for Acne Scarring (Active FX and Deep FX)

+2

Total FX is a great treatment for acne scarring, even hypertrophic scarring. The Deep FX technology will stimulate collagen generation and skin tightening. The Active FX technology will provide flattening of the surface of the skin by removing the outer layers. Total FX is a fractionated ablative CO2 laser. You will more than likely require multiple treatments. From El Paso, Las Cruces, Mexico. 

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Total FX for scars

+1

In my opinion, Total FX (Active FX and Deep FX) would be the better option for raised scars. The deeper penetration and consequently collagen stimulation will give you superior results compared to Fraxel:Repair. Remember depending on the severity of scarring, it very likely you will need mutiple treatments using either option.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon