If I Continue Fraxel Treatments Regularly, Will my Acne Scars Continue to Improve?

If fraxel is done every 2 years, will it continue to build collagen and help acne scars? I've had almost 8 treatments and my scars are very shallow but I was curious if I continued to get the treatments if it would continue to look better each time.

Acne scars tend to improve as you go deeper into the skin and do more treatments

+1

Acne scars tend to improve as you go deeper into the skin and do more treatments. It can also depend on whether you are doing fraxelated co2 treatments or not. What kind of fraxel is being done and how deep your physician is setting the settings will affect results. But, you can generally plan to get continued improvement over time with these kinds of treatments.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel treatment for acne scars

+1

It appears to most of us that the use of Fraxel treatments on a regular basis in patients with conditions such as yours will be beneficial for long-term collagen synthesis.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Acne scar treatment with Fraxel

+1
There should be continual improvement with ongoing Fraxel treatments no matter how infrequent they are.even a year later, the next treatment will induce more collagen.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Improvement is cumulative, but delayed

+1

If you see results after 3-5 Fraxel treatments and the 6 month wait time, I would recommend you do repeat the treatment every couple of years. Aging is dynamic and acne scars tend to worsen with age as the collagen breaks down. Therefore, anything that stimulates new collagen as you age will prevent the acne scars from worsning over time.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Fraxel for acne scars

+1

There is some evidence that repetative treatments with the Fraxel Re:Store laser can improve acne scars over time through the process of collagen remodeling. The number of treatments and frequency should be discussed in detail with your treating physician.

John Burns, MD