Fraxel for White Spots on Arms and Shoulders?

Would Fraxel laser remove the white spots I am getting on my arms and legs and shoulders? What kind of procedure would improve these white spots where there appears to be no more pigment left? I seem to have just as many freckles as I have white spots now that I'm 40. Are these white spots considered age spots too?

Treating white spots with Fraxel

+1

Greetings~

If white spots and discoloration are your primary concern then you should definitely have a face to face consult to determine the nature of your white spots prior to treatment. If they are sun damage related (which they may very likely be), the color will unfortunately not come back but you may see some improvement with Fraxel by evening out or lightening the darker skin and spots surrounding the white spots.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

White spots can sometimes be treated with Fraxel.

+1

It depends on what the white spots are caused by.  There are many dermatologic conditions that cause white spots.

Tinea versicolor is a yeast infection that needs to be treated with topical medications.

Vitiligo are white spots caused by your immune system and can be worsened with Fraxel.

Hypopigmented seborrheic keratoses can be pink or white and will not be improved with Fraxel.

Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis likely would not be helped by Fraxel.

Scars that are white can be improved by Fraxel.

My recommendation is see a dermatologist in order to determine the cause of the white spots and then consider the various options.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon