Will Fraxel Help with White Spots?

I am 28 years old and used to use tanning beds and sit in the sun, although I havent in years. I have had tons of white spots on my legs, hands, and a little on the forearms. They have literally formed in a month. The only reason I noticed this is because I use selftanner, and I have orange spots all over now, and its been this way for 6 months. They are white in color and slightly raised. I am very pale. Are these sun spots? Why arent they brown? Can I get them removed? Will this help w the tan

Fraxel will not help with white spots

+1

Fraxel will not help with white spots. The only thing that tends to help with white spots is to lighten the skin around them. Don’t go out into the sun and try bleaching the skin to make it even. You have to wait for the skin to re-pigment. Fraxel will not cause re-pigmentation.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

White spots for evaluation with laser

+1

If your white spots are new and raised, then it is not a pigmenation concern. They may be stucco keratoses, flat warts, a yeast rash such as pityriasis (tinea) versicolor or some other lesion that Fraxel laser should not be used to correct. See a board-certified dermatologist to evaluate.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel Laser for White Spots

+1

Hi JRL,

I would suggest that you consult with a laser physician who uses Fraxel laser.  Small area test spots with the laser can be performed to see whether you respond well.  If you do, then you may have the rest of the areas treated.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD