Can Fraxel Treatments Break Down Juvederm?

I had Juvederm and then Fraxel treatments and the Juvederm lasted less than 4 months. Is it possible that the Fraxel treatments played a role in speeding up the break down of the Juvederm?

Fraxel and juvederm

+1

Fraxel should l not break down previously injected juvederm because the injection is usually done deeper than the Fraxel penetrates.

Fraxel treatments should not break down Juvederm

+1

Fraxel treatments should not break down Juvederm because Juvederm should be injected deep and Fraxel is used more superficially to treat the skin. To learn more about Juvederm, visit my website.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel has not interfered with fillers

+1

There has been no evidence, when studied, that the energy of Fraxel or Thermage affects fillers. Some people have a metabolism that speeds up the body's removal of the product faster than others.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel treatments after Juvederm

+1

It is not likely that the laser caused the Juvederm to breakdown faster than normal unless the injections were very shallow in the dermis. Lip tissue will need repeat injections sooner than deep dermal and areas of greater movement will need touch ups more often than areas without movement.

Lee Robinson, MD - RETIRED
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers are not broken down from laser treatments

+1

I just returned from a four day laser conference and the consensus among laser experts is that fillers are not broken down by fraxel, IPL etc. When I perform lasers I usually will do the laser treatment first followed by the filler. FIllers have a cetain life to them and you can choose fillers that last longer such as artefill, silkon, etc.

Great question!

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

A study says "NO"

+1

This has actually been studied and filler does not seem to be adversely impacted by Fraxel, IPL, and other lasers. It is not uncommon for Juvederm to last less than 6 months if full correction was not achieved, or if it is injected into highly mobile areas like the lip lines.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist