Is Fraxel Treatment Painless?

I am scheduled for my first fraxel treatment and am getting more and more scared by the minute after reading reviews. I was told the treatment was painless and in a couple of days I would be fine. Is this true or not?

Fraxel treatments are not completely painless

Fraxel treatments are not completely painless. But, you can have anesthetic blocks and such to make it painless.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel treatment

Depending on the type of Fraxel, Refine, Restore, Repair the type of pain is different. Most people have the Restore and it is uncomfortable so that we have our patients come in and sit with a numbing cream for an hour and then have a cold air device that blows very cold air on the skin right at the head of the laser, cooling the skin and making it much more comfortable, but my patients do still feel it, no doubt. It is tolerable however, and patients return because they like the results.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon