Will Fraxel Help Scars from Improperly Done Fraxel?

Two years ago, fraxel was done improperly. I have scarring and reddness. Both worsen after the slightest sun exposure. I wear hats, sunscreen, etc.

If I have a properly done fraxel treatment, will the scarring and reddness diminish?

Fraxel may help scars from previous treatment

+2

It is not possible to answer your question without more information. Did you have the Fraxel on your neck or face. Which Fraxel machine was used on you? In general for post resurfacing laser redness I find that therapy with a laser designed to treat broken blood vessels the best option. By this I mean an IPL or ndYag laser. Your best approach is to see a very experienced dermatologist or facial plastic/general plastic surgeon who has and uses lasers in their practice. Hope this helps.

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser for the Treatment of Scars from Other Laser Treatments

+1

Hi Keef,

It is difficult to answer your question without knowing more information. Contact whomever performed your previous treatment, find out what type of laser you were treated with, and at what settings. Many clinics and physicians will tell patients that they are being treated with Fraxel when in fact they are receiving a different laser treatment.

It would also be helpful if you could include photographs of your scars. Ironically, Fraxel lasers will help scarring from other laser treatments.

Good luck and be well.

Dr.P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel and acne scars

+1

Fraxel helps many people with acne scars. Unfortunately your question does not provide enough information to understand what kind os scar exists. What you mean by improperly done Fraxel could really mean that someone's skin didn't heal correctly because of an underlying unknoen condition or unusual postoperative course. Is it Fraxel Restore or Fraxel Repair? You should see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to have the scars evaluated if the treating physician can't help you any longer. If you haven't returned yet to the treating physician you should do that first.

Ronald Shelton, MD