Is Fraxel Safe?

I met with my doctor to discuss Thermage. My doctor said I would need at least 3 treatments of Fraxel also. She gave me a price for the Fraxel and then a price for the Thermage. On the day after I had the Thermage I was told I had to pay in full for the three treatments of Fraxel. I explained I did not want to do this as I was not sure I wanted Fraxel do the bad things I was hearing. The doctor said this was a package deal and I had to pay for all of it.

The doctor does not do the treatment she has a Aesthetic Tech come to her office to do them. Is this normal procedure to do?

I am extremely worried after all I have read on the Internet about bumps and oozing skin and knots etc. How safe is this and is there other options then this laser for deep wrinkles. I was going to do a Face lift and she talked me out it for now. i am just really worried and looking for some advise.

The treatments you describe are safe when performed and...

+3

The treatments you describe are safe when performed and monitored by experienced and trained physicians. If you are worried about what one physician proposes, I would suggest getting a second and even a third opinion.

There are many ways to treat wrinkles and obtaining a consultation from a physician who has several options that they perform is a good idea. In the end, you have to be comfortable with your physician and the treatment plan that they have outlined.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel is an excellent treatment and you must choose an experienced Dermatologist (MD)

+1

Like all surgical or non-surgical procedures, it is best to choose someone experienced.  A Board Certified M.D. is the best choice for a laser procedure.  I never schedule a patient with more than one Fraxel procedure at a time.  Often you don't know until afterwards if you are going to need another one or not.  Fraxel is my favorite laser but you have to choose your doctor wisely. It sounds like you should get another opinion from a reputable physician.

Is Fraxel Safe?

+1

It is very important that you completely feel comfortable with the physician you being treated. Some practices may offer a package deal when it comes to these treatments so as to encourage you to get the maximal benefit of the treatments. You do not necessarily you need to accept their offer (even if an incentive such as a cost reduction is offered for taking the package). Most practices will give you a choice of payment methods-package or per visit. Thermage and Fraxel laser treatments are safe and require minimal downtime for recovery compared to face-lifts. Cost wise, these treatments are less expensive than a face-lift. I have not seen the “knots” and terrible reactions that you described. Beside the lasers and face-lift, fillers can help specific deep line like the nasolabial folds with no downtime and can last from 6 months to several years-depending on the filler. 

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/laser/laser_fraxel.html

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel is safe when done by an experience dermatologist or plastic surgeon

+1

Fraxel is safe when the treatment is done by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. The type of Fraxel used determines the amount of down time. Fraxel Restore dual (thulium based) and Fraxel restore (erbium-based) have less down time and recovery time than Fraxel Repair. It is important to consulting with a good physician to determine the best Fraxel treatment for you, based on your needs.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-fraxel-laser/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon