Fraxel Restore Okay Without Wearing Eye Protection?

I recently had fraxel restore performed and was surprised that the doctor didn't require me to wear eye protection. In fact, I asked him about it prior to the procedure - he never even brought the topic up. He assured me that the laser light was self contained and only activated by contact with the skin - was this safe?

Is Eye Protection Necessary for Fraxel restore Treatments?

+1

Hi,

Fraxel restore is safe without eye protection as long as the patient keeps their eye lids closed during the procedure, and the treating physician is very careful.  It is true that the laser only fires when in contact and moving on the skin surface.  Many practioners use eye protection, many do not.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P