Fraxel Restore Vs. TCA Peel for Under Eye Circles and Wrinkles

I have severe dark under eye dark circles/discoloration and wrinkles. I've had surgery on the area but these problems are still there. My doctor gave me 2 options: 5 sessions of Fraxel Restore or 5 sessions of easy TCA Chemical Peel. Which one should I go for?

You may get improvement with Fraxel

+2

Unfortunately, there are several reasons for dark circles, including pigmentation, hydration and blood flow, but these are not well understood. It is impossible without examination to say how your skin would improve.

There is no guarantee that either of your two choices will work, and if it does help, it may not last long term. You may get more improvement from the Fraxel than the TCA peel in wrinkle reduction.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Both can help with wrinkles but not necessarily dark circles.

+1

Fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid region can be treated with either option with some skin tightening. The strength of the treatment can probably be better controlled with Fraxel Restore which would be my suggestion for you. If the treatment is too aggressive, you can run into unwanted pigmentary changes. Depending on the cause of the dark circles (heredity, sun associated spots, melasma, shadowing from loss of fat), these treatments may or may not be beneficial.

San Diego Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.