Fraxel Restore Vs EMatrix for Acne Scars?

Hello, I have moderate "crater" and "rolling" type scarring on my temples and cheeks. Which laser would be best to treat my acne scars? Fraxel Restore or eMatrix? I have brown skin (latino) prone to hyperpigmentation, so aggressive ablative lasers (CO2) are out the question.

The Fraxel Repair Laser will give you more improvement in acne scars than the Fraxel Restore or Ematrix but has more down time.

+1

The best results in my hands with the types of scars you have described include, extensive subcision combined with the Fraxel Repair Laser.  Latino skin does very well with this treatment, however you must avoid the sun100% of the time for a few weeks to a few months following treatment until the redness in your skin fades following the procedure.  We are able to achieve outstanding results with this type of treatment.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel has beenquite helpful for acne scarring

+1

for 3 years, fraxel has enabled me to provide something that was almost impossible for the first  20 years of practice....significant improvement in appearance for those patients with acne scarring!

i have no experience with the eMatrix device.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon