Fraxel Restore Interval Between Sessions

How far apart should I wait in between Fraxel Re:store treatments. I've seen that some doctors recommend a minimum of 3-4 weeks. I am wondering if waiting longer (maybe 6 weeks or longer) would be more effective because it would give more time for the collagen to build back up.

I wait 4 weeks for most patients

+1

I like 4 weeks. It allows healing and begins the stimulation of collagen production. The final result can take as much as 6 months, but since you need a MINIMUM of 3, and as many as 6, I'd not wait 6 weeks between sessions as it will seem like forever before you get your final result. www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Fraxel re:store

+1

Hi rilian,

The interval between Fraxel re:store treatments is usually 2 to 3 weeks. If you have a darker skin type or are treating melasma (brown pigment of pregnancy or BCPs, hormones) then the interval is 3 to 4 weeks.

I have not heard of noticeably better results when the interval is bumped to 6 weeks, but like our mothers tell us about chicken soup, "it can't hurt".

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P