Fraxel Restore Treatment for Pimples?

If I have a pimple, one pimple, not big and not painful at all, that unfortunately appears on the day of a fraxel restore treatment, will I be able to do the fraxel treatment?

#Fraxel

Fraxel restore should be fine with a single pimple. however, you should be on a regimen for acne flares and longterm management by your dermatologist

Fraxel and Acne

I think Fraxel Restore and Fraxel Dual are safe to use if you have just one pimple, or even very mild acne. Having said that, Fraxel (and all resurfacing treatments) can increase the risk of having an acne break-out after the treatment. This includes CO2 lasers, and even chemical peels. I caution my patients about this.

Acne and Fraxel comes up most often in patients that are being treated for acne scarring, and are still prone to break-outs. For these patients, I will often treat them with a short course of an antibiotic (such as keflex) beginning one day before the treatment, and going for a total of 5 days. It is helpful.  

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and pimple

You can have Fraxel with a pimple.  Hopefully, your treatment is with a dermatologist who can also treat your pimple.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Fraxel Restore Treatment

As infections are extremely rare with the Restore system, you should be fine to proceed with your treatment.  Best wishes

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Pimple on Face... Ok to Get Fraxel Treatment

Yes, there should not be a problem with having a Fraxel treatment if you have a pimple on the day of your treatment.

Dr. Grant Stevens            Marina Plastic Surgery Associates            Marina del Rey, CA          The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Fraxel Lasers and Acne

Thank you for your question. Fraxel treatment or any laser treatment should be avoided on an area where there's an active acne lesion or open skin to prevent further injury and spreading of any infection.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.