Fraxel Restore Test Area for Dark Circles?

I'm getting a Fraxel re:store dual Laser treatment done for dark circles under my eyes in about a week. I have very delicate skin under my eyes and to be honest I'm very worried and concerned with some of the experiences other people have had from what I've read online.

So I've asked my cosmetic surgeon to perform a small test on the eye area and he's agreed. Do you think this is a good idea? Is it something you would do for your clients?

Test spot for Fraxel

+1

If you're concerned about the reaction or result, it is always a good idea to do a test spot. You might even want to do the test on an area away from the central face such as the temple, under hair or near the sideburn or behind the ear. This way if you pigment it won't be as obvious while you're waiting for it to fade. Just make sure you wait a number of weeks after the test to see how your pigment responds. Remember if your skin fails the test, you won't schedule the treatment, but if it passes the test, it's not a guarantee that the eyelid skin will do OK. So if the other test does OK, consider then testing the eyelid before a full treatment.

Dark circles around eyes is hard to treat

+1

Please keep us updated about your results. Up to this point, dark circles have been hard to treat. Please moderate your expectations. Dermal fillers have seemed to be the most helpful, but smoothing out the shadows around the eyes from volume loss. I have a Dual and would love to add this application to my services if this works. The Dual is a very safe laser and test spotting is not a bad idea, but usually not needed.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fraxel Dual Laser, Spot Treatment for Lower Eyelid Dark Circles

+1

Hi AD,

Fraxel Dual is a great skin treatment for superficial skin discoloration. It is very safe and effective. It is reasonable to have your skin "spot treated", but likely unnecessary. It will entail another 10 days of peeling/flaking.

Good luck and please let us know how your results turn out with this brand new treatment.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Test spot for Fraxel Restore

+1

You definitely want to get the newer dual mode Fraxel Restore as the additional Thulium wavelength is superficial and works great for pigment. There should be no problem with doing a small test spot.

John Burns, MD