Fraxel Restore for Acne Scars on Temple Areas?

Is there any risk of developing dramatically different color skin if I only do the fraxel restore on the temples of my head to treat very mild acne scars. The skin on that area is very thin and no much elasticity, would that be an inconvenient for laser? Would i see results faster or slower?

Fraxel restore Spot Treatment of Temples for Mild Acne Scarring

+1

Hi,

You should be able to treat mild acne scars in just the temple areas with a Fraxel restore series without any problems. There is always a slight risk of hyperpigmentation, more so in darker skin types.  Hyperpigmentation eventually fades with time.  I have found that more so than with color differences, patients are aware of texture and tone differences between treated and untreated areas. 

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel for acne scars

+1
Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation may occur after any laser and especially if you have slightly dark skin. Thinner skin can show improvement with acne scars faster than thick skin.

Ronald Shelton, MD